Books and Conference Proceedings
TACON 2018: Call for Conference Proceedings
The editors of the Proceedings of 2018 TESOL Arabia Conference cordially invite you to submit a paper based on your presentation at the 2018 TESOL Arabia Conference for consideration in the next volume of the Proceedings. Only those who presented at the conference may submit articles for the Proceedings.
Please send your articles to Publications Coordinator at email@example.com by September 1, 2017
Before submitting your article, please ensure that it follows our new editorial policy and submission guidelines outlined below.
TESOL Arabia 2018 Conference Proceedings Editorial Policy
Our policy is to accept academically well-written articles which reflect the diverse presentations given at the conference. However, priority of publishing will be given to articles that adhere to the following criteria:
- Articles must address the main conference theme/sub-themes.
- Report original research or outline new ideas in a particular area.
- Articles discussing pedagogical ideas must be based on clear theoretical and/or empirical research.
- Articles not previously published and/or are currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The references and citations in the articles must be accurate and follow the ethical practices of research methods (i.e., the article is free of plagiarism).
- If human subjects are involved, the author(s) must obtain the relevant IRB approval.
- Articles must be well-written and free of language and formatting errors.
- Articles that do not meet these criteria as well as the submission guidelines below will not be accepted.
- Articles should be 3500-5000 words including references and appendices.
- Articles should include an abstract (100 – 150 words).
- Articles should be formatted according to APA style (i.e., typed using Times New Roman, font size 12, etc). Consult the Publications Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2009) if necessary.
- If you include tables and/or figures, make sure they are no wider than 12 cm.
- Do not use footnotes.
- Only use portrait orientation (i.e., do not insert any pages in landscape orientation).
- Include a complete list of references using APA style. Consult the Publications Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2009) if necessary.
- Send articles electronically as a Word attachment by September 1, 2017 to Publications Coordinator Dr Wafa Zoghbor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will acknowledge receipt of submissions within two weeks. For a complete description of the editorial and review process, please refer to the power point presentation below:
Call for Book Proposals
TESOL Arabia Publications would like to invite prospective editors to submit ideas for new TESOL Arabia sponsored publications. Proposals should focus on an aspect of educational theory or classroom practice of interest to teachers, administrators and/or teacher trainers in the Teaching English as a Foreign Language field in the Gulf Region – although exceptional proposals from further afield may be considered.
Such proposals should be for full length, multi-chapter publications that will adhere to standard academic practice in terms of length, quality, referencing conventions, etc.
TESOL Arabia will help with a call for papers through its website, conference and periodical publication. We will cover the publication costs and make arrangements to have the final volumes printed, bound and distributed to contributors. In certain circumstances limited editorial help can be provided.
Interested editors should submit their proposal to Publications Coordinator, Dr Wafa Zoghbor at email@example.com for consideration of the TESOL Arabia Publications team.
We welcome proposals from first time editors as well as those with previous experience. Single, dual or multiple editorship will all be considered. Editors should be TESOL Arabia members at the time of the proposal.
Please note that submission does not guarantee acceptance.
TACON 2018: Call for Conference Proceedings
036 • The Proceedings of the 22nd TESOL Arabia Conference 2016AED 75.00
033 • The Proceedings of the 21st TESOL Arabia Conference: Theory. Practice. Innovation. Teaching and Learning in the Digital WorldAED 70.00
031 • The Proceedings of the 20th TESOL Arabia Conference: Methods and Means in ELTAED 70.00
028 • The Proceedings of the 19th TESOL Arabia Conference: From KG to College to CareerAED 70.00
015 • 18th TESOL Arabia Conference Proceedings: Achieving Excellence through Life Skills EducationAED 70.00
013 • 16th TESOL Arabia Conference Proceedings: Transformations in TESOLAED 30.00