The Young Learners Special Interest TESOL Arabia Group hosted their first event at the Ramada Hotel and Suites (Black Ramada) in Ajman. Although the conference was geared towards young learners, some tertiary educators participated as well. Firstly, the group members...read more
As we come to a close on this academic year we need to take time to reflect on what has been a hive of activity for all TESOL Arabia SIGs who have dedicated their time and expertise to provide a wide variety of professional development opportunities for the diverse...read more
Dubai Chapter held its first event today at The College of Islamic and Arabic Studies. We would like to thank all the participants and our expert speakers Helmi Sheppard and Mohamed Molhim. Helmi facilitated an interactive session on using the mini-white board and...read more
Our closing event for this year took place at RAK American Academy for Girls on April 22nd. It was held jointly with the Leadership and Management SIG. The presenters were Dr. Christine Coombe from HCT Dubai Men’s College, Faiza Helal, Robin Kim and Neil Armstrong,...read more
Despite the rainy weather, we had a good turnout for our third event which was organised jointly with the TTD SIG. More than 20 committed teachers attended. In the opening presentation, Dr. Racquel talked about teaching in a post traditional context where changing the...read more
The READ WRITE SIG and the Abu Dhabi Chapter held their third event of the year February 18, 2017 at Abu Dhabi Men’s College. The theme of the morning of professional development workshops was “Innovations in Reading and Writing. Presenter Deema Attal, of Abu Dhabi...read more
On January 28, 2017, Western Region Chapter and the Teacher Training and Development (TTD) SIG of TESOL Arabia hosted a joint professional development workshop entitled “classroom innovation through students` engagement” at the Baynounah Complex in Madinat Zayed. The...read more
Al Ain Chapter and READ/WRITE SIG Joint Event: Cultivating Readers and Writers from KG through University
The Al Ain Chapter and READ/WRITE SIG held the last event of the year on the TESOL Arabia calendar on December 17, 2016 at the Continuing Education Center of United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain. The theme of the conference was “Cultivating Readers and Writers...read more
With December 9th, 2016 meeting, the 58th in total so far, TATM (TESOL Arabia Toastmasters Club) winds up its second year into the Toastmasters fraternity. Within the short period of two years, the club has managed to claim many accolades to its name. Starting with...read more
Tales from the chalkface, the Joint Abu Dhabi Chapter and TTD SIG event at Abu Dhabi University in Khalifa City is on the way.read more
On December 3rd, 2016, TESOL Arabia Western Region Chapter organized and event entitled "Inspiring Learners Through Embedded Technology." The matinee started with the welcome note that outlined briefly the strategic goals of Western Region Chapter for the current...read more
New TACON 2017 Sessions:
FREE for all conference registrants
- TACON Publications Forum: Join a forum of distinguished speakers and experts to get a deeper insight into the opportunities provided for you by TESOL Arabia to get published.
- TACON Reading & Research Symposium (with the Extensive Reading Foundation): Jointly organized by the TESOL Arabia Read & Write Special Interest Group (SIG), The Research SIG and the Extensive Reading Foundation, the symposium offers researchers the opportunity to share their findings and compete for a prize. Selected applicants will win a free conference registration.
TACON 2017 Updates:
- Conference Ambassadors: Apply now to join a vibrant and enthusiastic team of Conference Ambassadors charged with building excitement and support for the Conference by motivating and inspiring participants around the world.
- Partnership with the UAE Ministry of Education: TESOL Arabia is very keep on providing service to the local teaching community. Negotiations is currently underway to offer subsidized Professional Development Courses to as many as 300 MoE teachers during the 3 days of the Conference.
- NEW Conference Venue: The Ritz Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre. This downtown five-star Dubai hotel is conveniently located to offer us a unique conference experience with state-of-the-art facilities. Valet parking and Internet access are provided for all delegates on a complimentary basis..
- On the lighter side of TACON 2017, enjoy complimentary food and drinks; ice-cream bonanzas, quizzes and gifts, daily raffles, and much, much more… 🙂