The READ WRITE SIG and the Abu Dhabi Chapter held their third event of the year February 18, 2017 at Abu Dhabi Men’s College. The theme of the morning of professional development workshops was “Innovations in Reading and Writing. Presenter Deema Attal, of Abu Dhabi...read more
Ras Al Khaimah: RAK Chapter/TTD SIG Event LIVE: Teaching and Learning in a Post-Traditional Classroom
On January 28, 2017, Western Region Chapter and the Teacher Training and Development (TTD) SIG of TESOL Arabia hosted a joint professional development workshop entitled “classroom innovation through students` engagement” at the Baynounah Complex in Madinat Zayed. The...read more
Al Ain Chapter and READ/WRITE SIG Joint Event: Cultivating Readers and Writers from KG through University
The Al Ain Chapter and READ/WRITE SIG held the last event of the year on the TESOL Arabia calendar on December 17, 2016 at the Continuing Education Center of United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain. The theme of the conference was “Cultivating Readers and Writers...read more
With December 9th, 2016 meeting, the 58th in total so far, TATM (TESOL Arabia Toastmasters Club) winds up its second year into the Toastmasters fraternity. Within the short period of two years, the club has managed to claim many accolades to its name. Starting with...read more
Tales from the chalkface, the Joint Abu Dhabi Chapter and TTD SIG event at Abu Dhabi University in Khalifa City is on the way.read more
On December 3rd, 2016, TESOL Arabia Western Region Chapter organized and event entitled "Inspiring Learners Through Embedded Technology." The matinee started with the welcome note that outlined briefly the strategic goals of Western Region Chapter for the current...read more
Members of the LM SIG and Eastern Region Chapter got together at the Ajman University of Science and Technology in Fujairah to discuss happiness and positivity and how it can relate to personal and professional growth. Empirical work on happiness and how to achieve it...read more
RAK Chapter's second event was held on 26th November 2016 at Sheikh Saud Foundation for Policy Research. We had three very successful workshops which focused on various methods of helping low achievers. Here’s a brief summary of the workshops: One of the challenges of...read more
We have just opened an EARLY BIRD Registration for TACON 2017. For the first time ever the participants will have a choice of 500+ presentations for only AED 500 - if they register BEFORE 15 DECEMBER 2016.read more
New TACON 2017 Sessions:
FREE for all conference registrants
- TACON Publications Forum: Join a forum of distinguished speakers and experts to get a deeper insight into the opportunities provided for you by TESOL Arabia to get published.
- TACON Reading & Research Symposium (with the Extensive Reading Foundation): Jointly organized by the TESOL Arabia Read & Write Special Interest Group (SIG), The Research SIG and the Extensive Reading Foundation, the symposium offers researchers the opportunity to share their findings and compete for a prize. Selected applicants will win a free conference registration.
- TACON Lunch & Learn Discussions: Join one of the 20+ roundtable discussions led by one of our world-renowned invited speakers and engage in in-depth discussions on a topic of interest while having your lunch.
TACON 2017 Updates:
- Conference Ambassadors: Apply now to join a vibrant and enthusiastic team of Conference Ambassadors charged with building excitement and support for the Conference by motivating and inspiring participants around the world.
- Partnership with the UAE Ministry of Education: TESOL Arabia is very keep on providing service to the local teaching community. Negotiations is currently underway to offer subsidized Professional Development Courses to as many as 300 MoE teachers during the 3 days of the Conference.
- NEW Conference Venue: The Ritz Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre. This downtown five-star Dubai hotel is conveniently located to offer us a unique conference experience with state-of-the-art facilities. Valet parking and Internet access are provided for all delegates on a complimentary basis..
- On the lighter side of TACON 2017, enjoy complimentary food and drinks; ice-cream bonanzas, quizzes and gifts, daily raffles, and much, much more… 🙂